Hayden Abroad

Dispatches from Somewhere in the World

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Day at the Beach










León is only 20 km from the beach at Las Peñitas. This is, of course, a very pleasant development in my life. I´ve resolved to make it out there about once a week.

It´s delightful to swim in the Pacific: the water is warm but refreshing, and I like to let the salty waves wash over me. Usually I go for a lon
g, slow run down the beach, barefoot and shirtless. It is so quiet that I look up from the splashing, shimmering surf on the smooth sand and see not a soul in either direction. When I get tired or hot, I just collapse into the ocean for a bit.









Then I spend the rest of the day lazing in the shady hammock, sipping on fruit juice, writing in my journal, and trying to memorize Spanish verbs. Yep, life at the beach is pretty sweet.



2 Comments:

  • At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi!

    Came across your blog while googling travel diaries from Nicaragua. I'll be there in May and I just wanted to say that it's such a treat reading about what you're doing. I'm going to Leon as well, and it's so inspiring to read your blog. Can't wait for that first swim in the Pacific!

    Great blog! Write on... :)

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger Hayden said…

    Thanks for the message. I´m glad you´re enjoying the blog. If you have any questions about the itinerary or logistics for your trip, please don´t hesitate to contact me. Happy travels! -Hayden

     

Post a Comment

<< Home