Hayden Abroad

Dispatches from Somewhere in the World

Friday, February 02, 2007

Newsflash: Bicycle Purchased!

The day has come: For the fourth time in my life, I´ve purchased a bicycle. And this time she´s really a beaut. She´s an almost new mountain bike--brakes, gears, and frame in excellent condition.

After searching high and low for more than a week, I bought a bike from my friend David. Technically, I suppose I must say, I am renting her from a friend of David, Don Fransisco, for the two month period I will remain in León; I paid $50 to do so. This arrangement suits me and I´m excited about this new addition to my life.

I have not seen any helmets in this country but if I do spot one I intend to buy it.


A bicycle naturally needs a name. Suggestion? Submit it as a comment
.










Update: I decided to name my bicycle Maria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home