Hayden Abroad

Dispatches from Somewhere in the World

Friday, March 09, 2007

March Daily Schedule

My schedule for March is quite similar to February, as I´m still living here in León in the same house and working atthe same schools.

One minor change has been that a new German volunteer Kolja has moved into our house. Harry and I were initally concerned about the disruption of our tranquil living space, but so far we are all getting along well.

Other new additions: At Proyecto Rocas, I´ve started teaching an English class as well. This has allowed me to get to know more of the kids there. Although it is somewhat boring to once again start teaching English right from the beginning, I find that I am a more effective teacher this time around.

And at the Casa de Cultura, I am also meeting with an intermediate English speaker after my beginngers class, helping him progress with his linguistic skills.

So now I´m teaching English three times a day:

10-12 PM: Proyecto Rocas
2-3 PM: Las Tias
4-5 PM: Casa de Cultura

Socially, things are really great here. I feel like I´ve got a nice group of friends, both Nicaraguans and foreigners. As a result of this new-found community, I find myself pleasantly busy in the evenings, going out to bars, hanging out with friends, and studying Spanish.

Here´s an average week:
Monday: Poker night

Tuesday: Live music at El Divino Castigo
Wednesday: Live music at La Olla Quemada
Thursday: New films premier at the movie theatre
Friday: Live music at Via Via

And on the weekends, I´ve got a pretty routine going as well:
Saturday: Cycle out to the beach
Sunday: Study Spanish in my hammock

So I´m enjoying my time in the city, and looking forward to this last month here until I begin traveling after Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home